SERVICES » Hand Therapy
PTOR also has a Certified Hand Therapist (CHT). This very rare professional designation is obtained after additional rigorous training and testing.
Common hand diagnoses seen by our CHT include:
- hand and coordination issues due to arthritis of the thumb, hand or wrist,
- fractures and tendon injuries,
- work-related lacerations and crush injuries,
- carpal tunnel syndrome, and
- other hand nerve injuries.
Our CHT is very skilled in documenting specific range of motion, nerve function, coordination and strength of the fingers and thumb, as well as in the assessment and modification of specific work tasks requiring high degrees of precise hand and digit functions. Currently our CHT is available in our Roanoke, Vinton, Blacksburg, and Rocky Mount offices.