SERVICES » Speech Therapy
PTOR Speech-Language Pathologists provide assessment and therapy services to early intervention clients (birth to three years of age), preschool and school-aged children, and adults.
Therapies may include:
- language and articulation skills,
- fluency and voice skills,
- feeding and swallowing therapies,
- social communication skills, and
- alternative or augmentative communication tools from low tech picture boards to high tech communication devices.
Our theraptists use evidence-based techniques and modalities to meet the specific needs of each client and work collaboratively with families, caregivers, and educators to help our clients communicate with their worlds.
Common diagnoses that our therapists routinely deal with are:
- feeding problems due to texture issues with infants,
- oral motor weakness from prematurity,
- traumatic brain injury,
- degenerative neurological diseases,
- cerebral palsy,
- autism spectrum Disorders,
- sensory integration issues, and
- hearing deficits.